Our Sustainability Credentials
Running Carbon Footprint Ltd Sustainably is Core to our Fundamental Values and Ethos
Our Commitment to the Environment
We are leading in environmental change, helping our clients to reduce their environmental impact and minimise their carbon emissions. We believe in leading by example and are committed to keeping our own environmental footprint to an absolute minimum.
- Reduce our energy consumption
- Reduce our overall footprint (tCO2e/turnover £) by 50% compared with 2007/8 baseline
- Extend our support with innovative services to help our clients reduce their emissions
Our Quality & Environmental Management Credentials
- We are certified to ISO 14001:2015 (Cert No. 538803)
- We are certified to ISO 9001:2015 (Cert No. 577702)
Our Environmental Policy and Quality Policy can be downloaded by clicking on the icons opposite.
Leading Carbon Management
Every year we calculate our Business's own carbon footprint and offset our emissions by helping to finance high quality projects in developing countries to achieve carbon neutrality. We have a highly active Carbon Management Plan with targets for ongoing carbon reductions.
We have already achieved a 66% reduction in emissions since our baseline year (2007/8)
Our target was to reach a 50% reduction by 2017
Offsetting Our Carbon Emissions
Our priority is to avoid unnecessary emissions and reduce our environmental impact as much as possible, however it isn't currently possible for us to reduce emissions to zero. Therefore we annually offset our remaining carbon emissions, by asking our staff to select the project(s) they would like us to be supporting.
This year our staff voted and selected to support ...
Kenya Trees and Uganda Borehole projects
|This project provides land reforestation and supports a better quality of life in Kenyan communities in the Great Rift Valley.||Uganda borehole project. ...The Borehole project is a micro project in Uganda, providing a source of clean drinking water to a local community|
We financially support projects in the UK via profits generated in the business. Projects include Biomass and Combined Heat & Power (CHP) projects.
What else to we do?
- We chair the Sustainable Business Network (SBN) for North Hampshire
- We are founding members of the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for carbon offsetting
- We run the Carbon Academy (for peer group learning)