Our Sustainability Credentials
Running Carbon Footprint Ltd sustainably is core to our fundamental values and ethos
Our Commitment To The Environment
We are leading in environmental change, helping our clients to reduce their environmental impact and minimise their carbon emissions. We believe in leading by example and are committed to keeping our own environmental footprint to an absolute minimum.
- Reducing our energy consumption
- Reducing our overall footprint (tCO2e/turnover £) by 50% by 2017
- Continuing to help our clients reduce their emissions
Our Quality & Environmental Management credentials
- We are certified to ISO 14001:2015 (Cert No. 538803)
- We are certified to ISO 9001:2008 (Cert No. 577702)
Our Environmental Policy and Quality Policy can be downloaded by clicking on the icons opposite.
Leading Carbon Management
Every year we calculate Carbon Footprint Ltd's carbon footprint and offset our emissions by helping to finance high quality projects in developing countries to achieve carbon neutrality. We have our own Carbon Management Plan with targets for ongoing carbon reductions.
We have achieved a 61% reduction since our baseline year 2008.
Our target is to reach a 50% reduction by 2017.
Offsetting Our Carbon Emissions
Our priority is to avoid unnecessary emissions and reduce our environmental impact as much as possible, however it isn't currently possible for us to reduce emissions to zero. Therefore we annually offset our remaining carbon emissions, by asking our staff to select the project(s) they would like us to be supporting.
This year our staff voted and selected to use the...
Kenya Trees and Kenya Cookstoves projects.
|This project provides land reforestation and supports a better quality of life in Kenyan communities in the Great Rift Valley.||This project provides communities in Kenya with improved charcoal cookstoves to reduce wood fuel consumption and provide many social benefits to local people.|
What else to we do?
- We chair the Sustainable Business Network (SBN) for North Hampshire
- We are founding members of the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for carbon offsetting
- We run the Carbon Academy (for peer group learning)
At Carbon Footprint we are passionate about sustainability and working with our clients to enhance their business through active carbon management