Sponsor the installation of Solar Panels at a Local School in the UK
This project coordinates Solar PV installations into schools within the UK.
Many UK State schools and community buildings make ideal candidates for Solar PV renewable energy use – having ideal roofs and with a need for high energy consumption during hours of sunlight. Energy savings equate to cost savings for schools that can be put to academic use. Our programme supports installations of systems including 4kW, 8kW and 10kW power. We find worthy candidate sites for you, manage the full installation (including assisting wth Feed In Tariff applications where applicable).
How the School Benefits
The school owns the Solar PV system and benefits over many years (potentially >25 years) through:
- Free Electricity generated by the panels, saving them money
- Additional income from selling energy they don’t use back to the grid
- Receiving Feed-in-Tariff payments from the Government
The programme also engages children in green issues, and the energy monitoring data can be used in class room lessons such as maths and science.
Key Benefits to the Sponsoring Company
- Enhances your corporate and social responsibility (CSR) programme
- Complements your wider carbon management & carbon offsetting programme
- Opportunity to give something back to your local community
- Engage local press
- Improves staff moral and engagement in your own carbon management activities
- Gain positive content for marketing collateral & brand differentiation
- Installations can be made across mainland UK and Northern Ireland locations for state owned schools and community buildings, which otherwise could not afford them.
- Reduces carbon emissions and reliance on fossil fuels