Guaranteed carbon offsetting
Our Tree Planting projects are paired with Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) approved carbon credits to guarantee the carbon offsetting
This provides robust offsetting, together with all the biodiversity and community benefits that tree planting brings
We are currently using the following VCS approved projects to guarantee the carbon savings:
Florestal Santa Maria Reducing Deforestation (REDD)
- Type: Reduced Deforestation
- Location: Brazil, South America
- Standard: VCS + FSC
- Reference: VCS 875
- Est. Reductions: 997,444 tCO2e per year
What is REDD+?
Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD) is a mechanism to create financial value for the carbon stored in forests. It offers incentives for developing countries to reduce emissions from forested lands and invest in low-carbon paths to sustainable development.
The United Nations created the REDD+ mechanism to quantify and value the carbon storage services that forests provide.
Tree Buddying Explained
Our UK and Kenya tree planting programme incorporate "Tree Buddying". This means for each tree you pledge, as well as planting a tree, we also offset one tonne of CO2 through a VCS project, which guarantees offsetting one tCO2.
This ensures your carbon offsetting:
- is fully verified
- meets international standards - including meeting strict additionality requirements
- meets BSI's PAS 2060 specification on carbon neutrality
- meets the Carbon Footprint Standard and
- continues to take additional CO2 out of the atmosphere during the life of the tree
in addition to delivering all the other great benefits of the UK Tree and Kenya planting programmes.
More Questions? Call us on +44 (0)1256 345645