Health & Safety Courses
1 Day - Health and Safety in the Workplace
(QA Level 2 Award, QCF).
22 March, Basingstoke, £95 per person.
Workplace health and safety is about securing the health, safety and welfare of people arising from a business’s work activities. The employer has a legal duty to manage health and safety sensibly in the business, and ensure that employees are competent to fulfil their employment safely and healthily.
This course is designed to ensure staff are aware of their own health and safety responsibilities and provide employees with the sufficient knowledge needed to assist you in securing a safe working environment within your organisation.
Employers - Why provide health and safety training?
- Providing health and safety information and training helps you to:
- Ensures your employees know how to work safely and without risks to health.
- Develop a positive health and safety culture, where safe and healthy working becomes second nature to everyone.
- Meets your legal duty to protect the health and safety of your employees.
- Contributes towards making your employees competent in health and safety.
- Can help your business avoid the distress that accidents and ill health cause.
- Can help you avoid the financial costs of accidents and occupational ill health, such as damaged products, lost production and demotivated staff.
Who should attend this course?
All personnel are to be suitably trained to enable them to work safely and without causing harm to themselves or others through their acts or omissions. This requirement includes relevant health and safety training so your employees are competent and understand their roles and responsibilities pertaining to health, safety and welfare within your workplace regardless of the sector of industry.
There are no pre-requisites to attend this course and is suitable for supervisors and workers at all levels of experience.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace – Understand the employer’s and employee’s duties and consequences for non-compliance. Requirements for training and competence and ways health and safety information can be communicated.
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety - Define terms such as “hazard” and “risk” and follow the process for carrying out a risk assessment. Follow the principle of risk control hierarchy and how risk assessment is used to reduce accidents and ill health.
- Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards - To look at hazards, the harm they can cause and risk controls. Focus on workplace activities potentially resulting in, slips trips and falls, working at height, use of electricity, manual handling, poor ergonomics, equipment use, noise and vibration. Identify issues associated with transport and vehicles, hazardous substances, stress, violence, smoking, alcohol and drugs, fire safety.
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents at work - Actions needed following an incident and to understand the arrangements for emergencies and first aid in the workplace. Understand the importance of recording all incidents, accidents and ill health.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety.
- Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards.
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace.
Assessment and Certification
The course concludes with a short multi-choice assessment where successful candidates will receive an accredited certificate through the post that is highly recognised in all industry sectors. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Bookings - Please call 01256 345645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In house training also available at your workplace - from £400 - please call.
Course delivered with Proactive Safety Solutions
- Qualsafe Awards - Registered Centre 0905451