Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA)
Helping to Improve the Environmental Credentials of Airports
Progressive Airports manage their carbon & use high quality carbon offsetting as a central component of their carbon management strategies - many going beyond compliance requirements to make their operations carbon neutral.
Carbon Footprint Ltd has particular specialism in the Airport, Airline & Aerospace industry providing a full range of Carbon Measurement & Reporting services including Carbon Footprint Appraisals, Carbon Footprint Verification, Software, Carbon Offset projects, Energy Management as well as Health & Safety consultancy to meet your sustainability obligations - whether you are just starting your journey or you already have a programme in place. Our team also includes Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) certified verifiers.
The Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) is rapidly gaining momentum.
Over 500 airports globally have now achieved level 1 or greater.
This programme has 6 levels of achievement up to the highest of Neutrality:
Mapping - Demonstrate robust Mapping of their Carbon Footprint
Reducing - Showing reduction of Carbon Footprint within consecutive years
Optimisation - Optimising their Carbon Footprint through engagement within their supply chain
Neutrality - Offsetting their Carbon Footprint via high quality internationally certified projects
Transformation - transforming airport operations and those of its business partners to achieve absolute emissions reductions
Transition - Compensation for residual emissions with reliable offsets
ACA Compliant Carbon Offsetting for level 3+
Carbon Footprint is successfully assisting airport client to ACA Level 3+ carbon neutrality, through our global portfolio of internationally certified carbon offset project. Popular projects include reforestation, projects with social and health benefits in developing communities across the world and also renewables - projects range across Europe, US/Central/South America, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
Carbon Footprint is accredited to the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for our carbon offsetting and is independently audited to a vigorous 40 point audit schedule for your peace of mind.
Other Legislation that may impact you
- SECR (Streamlined ~Energy & Carbon Reporting) - If you are currently listed on the FTSE Main Market you must do this. We expect all large entities to be required to do this in the future.
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Scheme Stage 3 -
- ISO 50001 (Energy Management System) provides an alternative compliance route for ESOS and is popular within the sector - get support
Sustainability & Environmental Reporting
Leading businesses now produce a formal Sustainability or Environmental report - often to support/ complement their Annual Report & Accounts. If you are based in the EU or US you may also be obliged to report under International Carbon Reporting requirements.
- You may be asked by your supply chain to complete one for the CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project) or you may voluntarily decide to submit your own.
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) provides a useful (and free!) format/template to complete Sustainability Reporting - it is well recognised and you can decide whether to make this public or use for internal management