Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA)
Helping Improving the Environmental Credentials of Airports
Progressive Airports manage their carbon & use high quality carbon offsetting as a central component of their carbon management strategies - many going beyond compliance requirements to make their operations carbon neutral.
Carbon Footprint Ltd has particular specialism in the Airport, Airline & Aerospace industry providing a full range of Carbon Measurement & Reporting services including Software, Carbon Offset projects, Energy Management as well as Health & Safety consultancy to meet your sustainability obligations - whether you are just starting your journey or you already have a programme in place. Our team also includes Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) certified verifiers.
The Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) is rapidly gaining momentum.
This programme has 4 levels of achievement up to the highest of Neutrality:
1. Mapping - Demonstrate robust Mapping of their Carbon Footprint
2. Reducing - Showing reduction of Carbon Footprint within consecutive years
3. Optimisation - Optimising their Carbon Footprint through engagement within their supply chain
3+. Neutrality - Offsetting their Carbon Footprint via high quality internationally certified projects
Other Legislation that may impact you
- Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting - If you are currently listed on the FTSE Main Market you must do this. We expect all large entities to be required to do this in the future. Don't forget - this is UK Legislation and completely unaffected by the Brexit vote.
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Scheme Stage 2 - We expect this to stay in place for 2019. You can start audit work at any time between 1 Jan 2016 and 31 Dec 2019.
- ISO 50001 (Energy Management System) provides an alternative compliance route and is popular within the sector - get support
Not Legislation ... But Strongly Favoured for excellent business management
ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 - The 2015 standard is now here and you will need to make the transition before end 2018 - dependent on your recertification date! You can get the new standard ahead of your recertification date - and benefit from differentiation.
The process is straightforward and because these ISOs now share a common structure ( so-called 'Annex SL' - also shared by ISO 50001 and ISO 27001 (IT Security)) it will soon become very familiar and provides an ideal time and opportunity to integrate into an Integrated Management System (IMS).
Sustainability & Environmental Reporting
Leading businesses now produce a formal Sustainability or Environmental report - often to support/ complement their Annual Report & Accounts.
- You may be asked by your supply chain to complete one for the CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project) or you may voluntarily decide to submit your own.
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) provides a useful (and free!) format/template to complete Sustainability Reporting - it is well recognised and you can decide whether to make this public or use for internal management