CORSIA for Airlines
Carbon Offsetting Scheme for International Aviation
Progressive airlines manage their carbon & use high quality carbon offsetting as a central component of their carbon management strategies - some going beyond compliance requirements to make their operations carbon neutral.
Carbon Offsetting Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA)
CORSIA is the first global scheme covering an entire industrial sector, and reflects the spirit of the Paris Agreement – equity and common not differentiated responsibilities and respective capabilities – different national circumstances.
- Aircraft operators will be required to purchase offsets or emission units for the growth in CO2 emissions covered by the scheme
- Aims to address any annual increase in total CO2 emissions from international; civil aviation above 2020 levels
- Average levels of CO2 emissions from international aviation covered by the scheme between 2019-2020 represents the basis for carbon neutral growth from 2020
- Voluntary ‘pilot phase’ from 2021-2023
- Full Voluntary phase 2024-2026
- Mandatory phase 2027-2035 - for most developed countries
- 66 states volunteered to implement scheme from its outset – covering approx 86.5% of CO2 growth in 2021-2035
Carbon Footprint Ltd has particular specialism in the Airport, Airline & Aerospace industry providing a full range of Carbon Measurement & Reporting services including Software, Validation and high quality Carbon Offsetting projects.