2017 Carbon Emission Factors
The new DEFRA/BEIS carbon conversion factors have just been published - with some significant updates to travel and waste taken into consideration. You will need to update your carbon emission factors for your mandatory and voluntary reporting with this new set that is now valid until 30 July 2018.
The headlines are:
- Reduction in UK electricity conversion factor
- Addition of specific emission factors for Electric Vehicles (EVs) - reflecting the increasing popularity of EVs, including plug-in hybrids.
- Addition of emission factors for hotel overnight stays
- Well-to Talk (WTT) data source changes - provides more accurate emission factors than previously used
- Road transport factors allows for biofuel blends (with diesel and petrol)