Clean Water For Central America
Providing Clean Drinking Water to Families in Honduras
The project is focused on providing clean drinking water to households in the Republic of Honduras.
The water filter consists of enclosed layers of sand, gravel and a biological surface layer that consumes pathogens to clean water. It has no moving parts and is powered by gravity. The water filter has a conservative lifetime of 10 years.
The Hydraid unit offers an affordable, efficient and easy-to-use alternative for water purification within the areas in which the project activity is located.
- The benefits of the BioSand Water Filter include:
- Proven removal of parasites, viruses and bacteria;
- High user acceptability, due to ease of use and minimal effect on water taste;
- Includes materials that are locally sourced;
- One-time installation with minimal maintenance needed; and
- Long life (10+ years).
Following a QAS approved carbon footprint calculation, this projects meets the requirements under the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for Carbon Offsetting. As part of this we are audited to ensure all offsets sold are retired on appropriate registries within 12 months of you purchasing.
Already calculated your carbon footprint and ready to offset?
Contact Us if you need to offset over 100 tonnes of CO2 to choose your specific project and get the best prices