Mandatory Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting
Mandatory Greenhouse Gas (GHG) - aka Mandatory Carbon Reporting - is the law in 40 countries across the World, including UK, many EU member states, North America, Australia, Japan and soon-to-be South Africa
GHG Reporting qualification varies across jurisdictions - e.g. in the UK, only incorporated companies listed on the main market of theLondon Stock Exchange/European Economic State/NYSE or NASDAQ are mandated to report
Within the EU GHG Reporting is included within Non Financial Reporting which also covers broader sustainability undertakings
GHG Reporting Scope also can vary - commonly a minimum of Scopes 1 and 2 emissions are stipulated, though Scope 3 emission are strongly recommended (particularly when data is readily accessible) and makes sense as it can be a major source of both carbon emissions and cost for businesses
GHG Reporting Methodology - commonly, the WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol is followed, though there can be local variations to this.
Overseas operations - Some jurisdictions require organisations to report emissions on their overseas operations (not just the home country).
Independent Auditing of GHG Reports - some geographies require this, whereas others do not
Carbon Footprint Ltd provides full services to assure you meet GHG Reporting/ Non Financial Reporting requirements
- Carbon Footprint Assessments - to complete and align with regulatory requirements
- Director Report Statements - assistance in drafting of compliant statements for inclusion into the Directors' report
- Independent Validation - assurance for your assessment and report are accurate and meet the requirements
- Carbon Management Planning - facilitate and draft your carbon management plan to help you assure a robust direction forward
- Support of other programmes - full support for your Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), Climate Change Agreements (CCA) & Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)