Motorbike - Carbon Reduction
Tips to helping you reduce your personal transport footprint
Tips and Advice to help you cut carbon and energy cost
Motorcycle used 28% less fuel than the comparable decade car and emitted 30% fewer carbon dioxide emissions.
Travel less and travel more carbon footprint friendly
- For short journeys; walk or cycle
- Use the bus or a train rather than your motorbike
- See if your employer will allow you to work from home one day a week
- Next time you replace your motorbike - make sure you choose a low emission motorbike. If you have the budget, consider getting a electric motorbike.
- Exhaust cleaning liquids or premium fuel containing these additives can be used once every 3 months to improve efficiency and reduce excess emissions.
- Overall driving style can significantly influence emission levels and air pollution. This is through, driving speed (driving at 70 mph uses up to 9% more fuel than at 60 mph and up to 15% more than at 50 mph) earlier gear changes, earlier breaking and slowing down.
Already calculated your carbon footprint and ready to offset?